Adafruit NeoPixel Ring - RGB LED w/ Integrated Drivers - 16 pixel
Round and round and round they go! Ultra bright smart LED NeoPixels arranged in a circle
- The rings are 'chainable' - connect the output pin of one to the input pin of another.
- Use only one microcontroller pin to control as many as you can chain together!
- Each LED is addressable as the driver chip is inside the LED.
- Each one has ~18mA constant current drive so the color will be very consistent even if the voltage varies, and no external choke resistors are required making the design slim.
- Comes as a single ring with 24 individually addressable RGB LEDs assembled and tested.
- Power the whole thing with 5VDC and you're ready to rock.
There is a single data line with a very timing-specific protocol. Since the protocol is very sensitive to timing, it requires a real-time microconroller such as an AVR, Arduino, PIC, mbed, etc. It cannot be used with a Linux-based microcomputer or interpreted microcontroller such as the netduino or Basic Stamp. Adafruits wonderfully-written Neopixel library for Arduino supports these pixels! As it requires hand-tuned assembly it is only for AVR cores but others may have ported this chip driver code so please google around. An 8MHz or faster processor is required.
We Also Recommend
2x AAA Covered Battery Holder with built-in on/off power switch & JST Connector for microbit
Alligator Clip with Pigtail (4 Pack) for micro:bit