micro:bit V2 Single Pack (1 board)
Includes: 1 micro:bit board only
The latest revision of the BBC micro:bit is designed to be completely familiar to anyone who has used the original device. It’s the same size, shape, looks very similar, and works in the same way. Every program that could run on a micro:bit version 1 can be re-built to run on the latest revision. The editors will support both versions simultaneously for features common to both boards.
The latest revision builds upon the current micro:bit experience by refining the board and adding widely requested sound making and sensing capabilities.
Amongst the micro:bit features, ‘sound’ is in a unique position of being already present in the editors, but not on the board, so it is already familiar to teachers, yet the speaker and microphone on the board are transformative in the kinds of applications people can build.
- On board speaker
- MEMs Microphone with LED indicator
- Touch sensitive logo
- Built-in sleep/off mode that means the board can be powered-down with batteries connected
- Discrete regulator that can supply up to 200mA of current to external accessories
- Notched edge connector. To make it easier to connect things like crocodile clips and conductive thread
- Power LED indicator. In addition to the USB activity indicator, a power LED shows whether the micro:bit is powered on or off
- Exposed, gold-plated antenna. To easily identify the radio/Bluetooth component
- Target MCU, Nordic Semiconductor nRF52833 (64MHz Cortex-M4F, 512kB Flash, 128kB RAM)
- Interface MCU: NXP KL27Z, 256kB Flash (128kB reserved for future enhancement), 32kB RAM
- Motion sensor: ST LSM303
- MEMS microphone: Knowles SPU0410LR5H-QB-7 MEMS
- Power consumption 300mA (with 100mA for the board itself and up to 200mA for accessories)